Friday, September 12, 2008

The fireworks festival 2008

I have attached some picture taken at the Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2008 by my handphone (will be posting some better quality pictures). This year firework celebrations charges $18 per ticket. This is the first year that they are charging for the performance. For the past years, all I do is to reach early and reserve a good view to take the pictures. However this year I did the same thing as well :) I didn’t spend the $18 to watch as I presume that the sky is big enough for me to peep? And indeed, I still be able to have a great view of the fireworks.

The Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2008 is always a major highlight of the National Day Celebrations. This event will be staged at the Marina Waterfront floating stage this year. After clinching the People’s choice and Finalist of The Singapore Tourism Awards for last year’s event, this year’s Fireworks Display promises to be another awesome experience. 2 international award winning teams from Europe and Asia will be invited to showcase their cultures, through a dazzling display of fireworks blended with moving music, and to stage amazing pyro-musicals in the night sky.

The fireworks timing starts at 9pm and lasts for 15 mins. I went on 23rd August and it was the Korean Team whom be displaying the fireworks. Along with the fireworks are the familiar songs from various dramas and Korea’s own country music. In the midst of all the thunderous sound of the fireworks, u could see all the children and us clapping our hands or with our mouth wide open… Indeed, standing at my angle, you get to feel that the fireworks are dancing just for you. So, enjoy the pictures.
p/s: Don’t have much time to do posting lately but I will be revamping my blog gradually :)



No comments: